1. I finished the Seattle post FINALLY, but I took it "off air" to tweak it a bit, to make corrections.
2. RE: Vespa, we took it to the dealership almost two weeks ago. All those clowns did was annoy & piss me off! It took me having it hauled all the way down there to realize that they have no interest in helping me, they just want to sell Vespas. Once you're out the door, you're on your own. So, my poor bike just sits outside in this disgusting heat, looking sad. Anyone know anyone who actually cares about Vespas and their well-being?
3. Still recovering from a parent-visitation filled weekend. Started off the weekend with a visit from Mayumi -- she arrived on Friday eve. I made dinner (spicy noodle soup, fried tofu) and we watched My Cousin Vinny. I watched the movie with my adult eyes, I found myself laughing here & there! Mayumi spent the night in our guest room, our first official guest since ATM moved in!

On Saturday, we went to the Farmer's Market, Sam's Oriental Market, had lunch at Mt. Fuji, and then...and then she left.



She was kind to bring us little treats from Japan.

A couple of hours later, Trish and Anthony (ATM's mum & stepfather) arrived. They brought their adorable dog, Killer. We sat around, caught up, and chilled in front of a box fan. We went to Pierre's Pizza for supper (om nom) and then got concretes from Shakey's. From there, we drove up to Ft. Roots to see the awesome view of LR. They were the first people we've taken up there, our spot that we frequent to view lightning storms.
4. Trish & Anthony invited us to join them in Perdido Key, Florida in September. We accept! Duh! I will never turn down a mostly paid for trip to the beach! Sept. 4-8. This will be the first time hanging out on the beach with ATM, so awww. This is a big deal, but...
5. ...it doesn't overshadow our little weekend trip to Memphis. I told ATM the sooner we get there, the better. Because the longer we're there, the more meals we can eat there. And it's just us two, which is nice. We haven't been alone alone in a bit.
6. Our outside stray kitty is gone. I haven't seen Donnie for three weeks now and I'm just wrecked about it. I've never met a sweeter cat ever. His silent meows, his constant longing to be loved on -- I hope...well, I hope it wasn't awful, whatever happened to him. My heart hurts, ouch. Much love, Donnie!
7. I need to remember that my next big computer project is to get videos uploaded, so's I can share them. I'm talking Sonic Youth videos. And probably some of my cat. And then my next big computer project after that is to order some photo prints, get caught up before I reach the point of no return.
8. As far as house projects go, we still need to finish this shelf that's been sitting on the front porch FOREVER. It's just been too hot to do much anything outside. After that, I still need to figure out what I'm going to do with the third room that just sits there with all of my stuff scattered everywhere.
9. I am so busy at work! But, here I am, fucking right off.
1 comment:
I miss Donnie dearly.
Post a Comment